Sunday, December 17, 2006

Klew Expressions

I've just added a link to the Klew Expressions site to my On Topic Links list. This lady, I think her name is Karen Lewis (but I'm not sure), does things with clay I never thought posible. I am in awe of her work. My favourites are her drum beads but it's all good. Here is a sample she has named "Faux Ivory". You can purchase beads, clay, findings, courses and jewellery incorporating her polymer clay beads. (I have no links with or financial relationship with her.)

The mainstay of her work is millifiori cut from canes built from colour blends (sometimes called "Skinner" blends named after the author of a technique to make them). But her work doesn't end there. She finishes her beads with stains and washes and transparent layers that raise the bead from something merely pretty to astonishing.

If you have a few moments to browse, pay them a visit.

Ginger

No comments: