Saturday, December 23, 2006

My Friend Andy

Andy is my hero. He had a great job in the tech industry, a condo and what appeared to be a very nice life. But he wasn't happy with this so he bought an old motorhome, sold everything (including the condo) and hit the road. He hasn't looked back since, unless you count geographically. :-)

Buying the motorhome was his first step and the RV he chose was a 22 foot 1985 Lazy Daze, class C. He vacationed in "Gertie" for a couple of years before going full-time. It's hard to believe that a person can be comfortable living in just 176 square feet of space but Andy was and from photos of Gertie she appeared to be very homey.

This is almost exactly what I want to do. I will - eventually - find my Lazy Daze (a 26.5 footer for me), vacation in it for a while and then pull up anchor and hit the road for as long as it feels good and I'm healthy enough to do it.

Andy's an interesting guy and Lazy Daze RVs are interesting rigs. I've addd a link to Andy's blog. If you're interested in RV-ing I recommend you check it out. As for LDs, they have an almost cult-like following. The Yahoo LD group is a good read.

All the best for Christmas and the New Year.

Ginger

No comments: